Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Afterfall

Afterfall, that is a good term to describe us at the moment. Afterfall of what? Well, a number of things, but the single biggest is my daughters battle with cancer. When you talk to the doctors they will tell you about the enormous physical and mental cost of such a battle, but no one ever tells the tale of the financial aftermath. They never tell you that the costs and effects last for years. So now is the question of how do we fix all this? I am very thankful to say that my daughter won her battle, if she hadn't I don't know where we would be. However that still leaves the financial ruin we are in, something that I know the kids know at least a little about, but I really don't want them to know the whole picture. They know that we aren't going to the museum like they keep asking, and that I keep serving noddles and we aren't going to the store nearly as often as we used to. What do they know of payments, loans and debts? For now I would like to keep it that way.

No comments: