Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cold!

We just got back from our trip to Alaska, and boy was it cold! While we were there it was down around 40 below zero while we were at my parents house and when were at Justin's it was down around 20 below. Very unusual especially for the Kenia penninsula, not so much for Wasilla but still.
Brings back memories of living in Fairbanks when the tires would freeze so it was like driving with rocks.

The kids had a grand time visiting everyone, my older daughters absolutely loved all my mother's baby goats. I think there were many days we only saw those two for meals because they were too busy taking care of the babies. Joe just loved having all these guys around ot play with and climb on, Uncles every where! Poor Tommy my brothers son was just heartbroken though that some one else would take his Dad's lap. Our toddler didn't like it though, and spent most of the time with me or Justin. Very frustrating, I felt badly for her that she was so insecure, but at the same time she was with family who just wanted to love her and she screamed at them all, just for looking or smiling at her... sigh, made for a long trip.

No comments: